Monday 2 February 2009

Cablefree and Console Independent Arcade Stick Part 2

Hi,

times ago I started a project that sould meet the following requirements:

- cablefree and support for nearly all usual console.

I've think I made it.

First I developed the wireless module. This project was annouced in this thread.

Now I've concentrated on the support for all consoles. With the help of toodles and his great piece of hardware called UPCB this part is done.

Now I've finished the interface between them. I've connected the both PCBs via DB 15 plugs.

Here're some pics



You see here the assembled UPCB with the receiver of the wireless application. On the console side is a psx cable.



Here the whole parts are connected to my PS2.



Yeahhh, Metal Slug :) The joystick has built-in the sender. In front of the lcd lies the receiver connected to the UPCB.



Here's a pic from the sender.

And yes, it works great.

Don't get confused with the two Dsub 9 pin connectors. They're connected to the stick and the buttons. The sender then sends the complete Joystick state to the receiver. The receiver receives the state and puts it via the DSub 16 pin connector to the UPCB. The UPCB sees the connected console cable and recognized a PS2. It will translate the received state from the receiver to a Playstation 2 protocol.

No comments: